10/27/09

New Blog Plug

Correction: Dr. Stackhouse, via the comments section below, noted that I misstated the name of his school. It is Regent "College" in Vancouver, not Regent University. I apologize for the inaccuracy. See Dr. Stackhouse's comment for more info.

I just found a new blog that I find interesting and well done. John Stackhouse of Regent University has a good way of thinking about worldview. See this recent blog about Eckhart Tolle.



The sad thing is that Tolle and his ilk- Chopra, Oprah, and other non-thinking new agers- are so convinced that they're right even though they don't believe in right and wrong. Logical fallacies abound!

For a post I did on the contradictory views of Eckhart Tolle about a year ago, see here.

5 comments:

John Stackhouse said...

Thanks for noticing my blog! But I teaching at Regent COLLEGE in Vancouver, a transdenominational graduate school of Christian studies in Vancouver, Canada, and NOT at Regent UNIVERSITY, Pat Robertson's pentecostal/charismatic school in Virginia.

(And they stole our name. I'm not kidding.)

Zac Hicks said...

Ah, the ol' Regent College vs. Regent University mix-up. Gets ya every time!

I'm sure someone else has pointed it out, but it's interesting that "Chopra" and "Oprah" rhyme. There's got to be something more to that...

:)

David Strunk said...

Sorry Dr. Stackhouse. I will make the correction. Thanks for visiting, by the way. I've subscribed to your blog in my feed and look forward to reading more in the future!

John Stackhouse said...

No worries. We all make mistakes: such as writing the embarrassingly ungrammatical "I teaching" instead of "I teach" in a blog comment...

;)

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.